National and International Recognition of Prof. PLO Lumumba.
Prof. PLO Lumumba has received multiple prestigious recognition and awards within his country Kenya and increasingly internationally. He has also been included in the Marquis Who’s Who in the World.
Awards and Recognition
- 2018: African Luminary Award – African Cultural Association, USA
- 2018: Recognized by The House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in The United States of America for exemplary work in the fight against corruption and bad governance in Africa.
- 2017: 100 most influential Africans of 2017! – New African Magazine
- 2017: The 5th Apollo Milton Obote Lecturer
- 2017 : The 5th Abram Tiro Onkgopotse Lecturer at the University of Limpopo in South Africa
- 2017: The invested Chief Tamba Taylor of Liberia for his Pan Africanist Activities.
- 2016: The 11th Kwame Nkrumah Lecturer at the University of Cape Coast in Ghana.
- 2015: He received commendation from the Law Society of Kenya for exemplary contribution in the provision of pro bono legal services. He has also been awarded the Distinguished Leadership Award by the Africa International University for providing exemplary servant leadership in society
- 2014: The Distinguished Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Lecturer at the University of Dar Es Salaam.
- 2013: Awarded by African International University for providing Exemplary Servant Leadership in the Society.
- 2012: The East African Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities recognized him for valuable and exemplary contribution in the fight against corruption.
- 2012: Awarded Certificate of Merit by The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda.
- 2011: Bishop Okullu of College of Theology of Great Lakes University of Kisumu awarded him the order of St. Pauls the Apostle for restoration of Good governance and right values in society.
- 2008: The Martin Luther King Africa Salute to Greatness Award by the Martin Luther King Jr. Africa Foundation.
- 2008: Awarded certificate by International Peace Foundation.
- 2004: He received commendation from the Kenya Scouts Association for service to the society.
- 2004: Recognized for outstanding commitment to the Society by the Law Society of Kenya.
- 1996: Recognized by the Kenya-USA Association for the Martin Luther King Jnr., Leadership Award.